Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hey, Who turned out the lights? O.O -- Plus + concept for Just Super

   Well, due to another technology snafu, I'm afraid I won't be able to post anymore digital art for a while now. My backlight is bugging, which makes everything on-screen insanely hard to see. I can't get a clear enough picture to draw anything, including my comics. However, the show goes on! Until my comp is up and running again, I'll be tossing up sketches and filler-art, both old and new.

   The first item--  something I recently came up with This is concept art for a game I plan to make in the near future called "Just Super". I've been learning python for months now, so I've been trying to think of something I can test my skills on. Something, that is, that's stronger than a game of hang,an or tic tac toe. Since I'll probably only be able to do a simple two-dimensional game, I wanted to try an RPG. One of the classic kind with the silly text-box on the bottom and side-scrolling/overhead graphics. But, of course, I needed a story.

I came up with this one from a dream I had about a super-hero story. The cruddy drawing of Max Voltage all the way on the left is what I drew the next morning. Later on, I added the rest. The beginning of the game will start with you playing as Max Voltage- hotshot young superhero who's fighting the evil supervillian Magnatude and his teenage daughter/henchwoman Terra Forma. In the end of that arc, Mangatude gets sent to prison, and Terra ends up being sent to a reform school for young supervillians. Then, it goes forward in time, and switches viewpoints to Terra.The insane headmistress of the school is supposedly a success story from the last generation, but she's using the young villains for her own devious ends.

   Of course, I'm fuzzy on what the details will be, so I'm going to flesh that out later. The name of the game will be "Just Super", and should be ready by the end of this year or early in the next, if all goes well. If I can get it finished, I'll try to find a way to make it available for download. Until then, I'll keep you posted on progress made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...